31090051

In Scottish law can someone who bought some of your land 40plus

In Scottish law can someone who bought some of your land 40plus years ago now just take away some more because they now think they didn't get what they paid for
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this.
No they can't. The purchaser is entitled to what was conveyed to them at the time which is presumably with reference to a plan. If there is a dispute as to the bounds of what was conveyed a land surveyor should be used to compare the title plan with the physical boundaries. The old map isn't relevant, the title deeds and plan are what matter.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.