12826847

On the 16th october 2014 i paid a deposit of £880 a quarter

On the 16th october 2014 i paid a deposit of £880 a quarter of the price to a company called lightsandfurniture for a sofa [order Number ref 12931] Delivery was promised in January 2015, but on the 6th March 2015 i gave up with all there stories and cancelled the order, and have since gone to another local supplier DFS and started again. DFS explained it is ridiculous to have wait such a long period for delivery and they should return funds within 5 working days. The question is ...is there anything go can do to force them to return my monies? Lightsandfurnitures quoted they require 30 days to refund the monies but having checked the internet for complaints on this company, and surprise surprise it is a regular occurrence and i know this is yet another delaying tactic and they will never pay up. I gave them 5 working days to return my funds which passed a week last friday, and they have ignored all correspondence since. i have retained all correspondences and promises made by them . Their web site is *****@******.*** They claim all their warehouses are situated in mainland England The deposit was paid to Glow XXX which is based in Jersey but all contact is via *****@******.*** Company address XXXX. If you need to contact us, please email *****@******.*** or telephone Customer Service on : XXXXX

They do accept that they will refund it?
They are not refusing and saying you were in breach?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the message i received is below, i accept i may have to wait this long but on investigating them on the internet this is one of there known delay tactics.

regards

-------------------------------------------
​Hi,
This is to confirm your Lights and Furniture order has now been cancelled and refunded.
Please allow up to 30 working days for this to show in your account.
Kind regards,
Lights and Furniture Accounts

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

regards

​Hi,
Kind regards,
Lights and Furniture Accounts

Well, that is better than it could be.
You can always sue. It is not a good idea at this stage.
Actually 30 days is not unreasonable. I realise your concern is that they will not pay but until you give them the 30 day period you are not in a position to say that they will not for certain.
Unfortunately just sending them correspondence giving them 5 days does not turn that into a legal obligation.
If they are based abroad with no UK address then it would be harder to sue although not impossible.
You can always complain to trading standards. They are actually fairly toothless in most cases but companies do not generally want their involvement.