75100385

I am being taken to small claims court, however my partner

Customer Question

I am being taken to small claims court, however my partner and I have offered to pay in full, three payments before the hearing date is set, no response from claimant she just wants to put me through the court process, she is also getting her friends to hassle me on FB
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you filed a defence? How much is owing please?
Alex Watts : .
Customer : £2050, however She has made an unrelated claim for £635 on top
Customer : I have filed a defence, yes
Customer : And sorry, Hello Alex
Alex Watts :

Ok - if you have filed a defence and indeed offered full payment then the court will only be concerned with costs.

Alex Watts :

If you have offered full payment then you can ask the Court not to give your partner costs.

Alex Watts :

There is no point issuing and hearing a claim if you admit it

Alex Watts :

Therefore when you attend Court you can argue that you should not pay costs becuase it was not necessary to issue proceedings

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer : The defended part of the claim is £635 that the claimant paid for a pony she had on loan here at the riding centre, she now wants the money back because the pony turned out not to be subtible, the loan was month by month and she could have stopped at any time, the money for the loan was not actually paid to myself but to the yard owner for the ponies livery costs, therefore am I liable to re pay her if she wins the case???
Alex Watts :

No you would not be liable.The £635 MUST be related. You are not liable for that.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer : Her daughter received free stable management tuition as part of the loan, normally £45 per hour, can we counter claim for these hours? Her loan amount....or livery was £250 per month, she had at least one stable management lesson per week
Customer : Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to explain that the Pony was one of mine, does this make a difference
No I dont think so.