Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

HalloI ordered a new car in December 2014 due

Customer Question

Hallo I ordered a new car in December 2014 due for delivery in March 2015. I have an order form signed by the car dealer and me which clearly states that this is a legally binding document. The dealer phoned me last week and said they had miscalculated the price and the car would cost £4,000 more than the amount agreed on the order form. They cannot supply the car at the incorrect price and want to charge me the additional amount. I have agreed to meet them tomorrow to discuss this. Am I correct in thinking that the order form is legally binding for both parties and that I can require them to supply the car with the specification and at the price agreed on the order form? Kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

For the avoidance of doubt the order form sets out the specs of the car you have ordered and the price, and the price is not made subject to any conditions or terms. Is that correct please?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue?

Joshua :

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance with the above.