75100385

i own a residential flat in city of london. office across my

i own a residential flat in city of london. office across my window overlooks my living area and kitchen, i keep my blinds down mosy of the day,,when i dont therere are people looking in sometimes in group and it is really disturbing as they start work as early as 6,30 am till late at night
i have written to them requesting they give me some privacy for 2 hours early morning
whilsr the chief of staff keeps directing staff to do this he is totally ignore
what can i do..there is no planning condition to stop overlooking
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you own or rent the property?

Alex Watts :

Also, was the office there when you moved in?

Customer:

i am the owner of the property but it is let out and my tenant is complaining.

Customer:

the property was there but i believe they have refurbished so its open plan and arranged furnitue right against window

Alex Watts : Have you written to complain to the office itself?
Customer:

i have sent numerous emails and photographs of staff working right by the window with very clear views of office...so imagine what its like when they are looking into the flat

Customer:

i had response back from chief of staff who agreed to keep the blinds drawn for early hours in the morning till 9am but staff dont adhere to iit and i have sent repeated emails

Alex Watts : Are you asking if you can take legal action ?
Customer:

i am asking if i can take legal actions or what options i have as i have gone down a voulntaryagreement route

Customer:

also the tenent feels really intimidated as they are looking from morning to night..apparently they have 24hr access 7days a week

Customer:

hi

Customer:

my sceen is saying awaiting customer action...i am waiting for a response from you

Alex Watts :

Yes I think it is waiting for me.

Alex Watts :

Sadly I think your options are limited.

Alex Watts :

You moved in knowing there was a building there, so in the eyes of the law moved to the nuisance.

Alex Watts :

You would also be unable to take them to Court for this because of the reasons above and indeed you can't sue a private company for privacy issues.

Alex Watts :

However what you should do is write to your local council and complain. hey may be able to deal with this for you.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They investigate complaints against the Council. They are free, independent and can investigate it for you at www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Customer:

i did call planning department but they said they could not help at this stage

Customer:

my client feels very intimidated by all this as there are groups often staring in can the police do anything?

Alex Watts :

If they are starring this could be harassment and the Police can warn them,

Alex Watts :

But it depends whether the Police consider this to be harassment.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not better news

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

if my client puts posters that are not to their taste can they complain or take action

Alex Watts :

They can complain but they can't take action

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience