12826847

I'm in a predicament and don't know what to do. My

I'm in a predicament and don't know what to do. My life has been turned upside down. I had my husband arrested two weeks ago. We had a row that led to violence and me getting hurt and him a scratch on face. My daughter also came down to sort things out as heard the ongoings. She received a cut to hand that wasn't intentional at all. My husband has in his statement made me out to be some kind of monster and a time bomb that can go off at any time. I told the police that all my injuries to face were all my own doing and that my husband didn't do them. I did this because I was scared and didn't want him in trouble and it was a stupid argument and we had both been drinking. He was charged and was released next morning. Now, since then I have had social worker call asking to see my daughter and I. It's been two weeks since the incident. The social worker was meant to come on Wednesday but cancelled due to attending urgent case. I was told she would call next morning to rearrange. I've heard nothing since. However, I am a teacher with clean background until now and the horrid things my husband put in his statement. The school received a report from the police with the concerns that my husband had put. Which were outlying me to being a psychotic woman to which I'm not. I've ne'er ever hurt a child and remain calm at work all times to which my headmaster said he had no concerns with my ability to work with children still. Now because of the report police sent I'm in a dilemma where Cps got involved and my headmaster had to do a referral to assess my character? He says he believes me but governors are concerned and he has to take this into consideration whether to suspend me. He says I need to admit my husband carried out the domestic abuse to enable people to see I'm not crazy. The police have closed the case. If I admit to him doing this can I get into trouble and can he get into trouble. I want he and I to work things out and I know we can. But if I stayvwith him I mightvlise my job? Is this true?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking about your employment situation rather than the criminal one?
Also, I see you have not yet left feedback for two previous answers so I wonder if you could do that now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you answer both criminal and employment as I really don't know what to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I can help with the criminal issue but not the employment.
Or I can pass you onto an employment specialist but he probably won't know anything about the criminal side of this.
It isn't likely that the same expert could deal with both as they are different areas of specialism.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please deal with the criminal one
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police have closed the charges as I said I did it to my self to protect my husband. If I now tell the social workers that I didn't do this to myself and that yes, there was domestic abuse caused by my husband will I get into trouble?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what you have said to the police.
If you have said something like this did not happen and then you set down something contrary to that to social workers then there is a risk they could prosecute you for offences contrary to public justice.
It is fair to say that doesn't often happen. Without wishing to be seen to trivialise it at all, people are always lying to the police for all manner of reasons and they are almost never prosecuted! People shouldn't be lying of course but that is the reality.
However, there is a risk.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice