31090051

I stupidly became guarantor now ex boyfriend. He was

Customer Question

I stupidly became guarantor for my now ex boyfriend. He was controlling and mentally abusive. When he was arrested for threatening behaviour (court case will be heard in June) he stopped paying back the loan to Amigo. I took the case to the ombudsman but failed in overturning the ruling that I had to pay. I am barely managing to make ends meet as it is but they don't care. Is there anything I can do.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, there isn't much you can do I'm afraid unless you can prove that you were forced to sign the guarantee under duress. Otherwise, the creditor can pursue you if he doesn't pay. That is what a guarantee is.
You can of course sue the ex boyfriend for any sums you have to pay out because of his default.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How would you go about suing him? He has left me in debt so I don't have much money.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can sue in the sheriff court small claim section. Go to www.scotcourts.gov.uk