13262538

, please can you help, I'm beside myself at the moment from

Customer Question

Hi, please can you help, I'm beside myself at the moment from a text I recieved from an ex-lover.
Shamefully, I had an affair. Both of us were married, his wife found out and it has been a bitter split between them. My husband does not know about this affair and I have stayed with my husband much to the dismay/bitterness of the man I had an affair with.
I recieved a text of him this morning stating that he had recieved his divorce petition and I got a lot of mentions in it. Apparentley, I can expect a letter from her solicitor as I've been named as the other party in an adultery case. Will I recieve a letter, if so, what can i expect ? and what will I need to do etc ?
thanks
Louise
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Remember this man is bitter so he may not be telling the truth.
If you do receive a copy of the Petition you can simply acknowledge receipt and refuse to answer the question regarding the adultery IF that is you actually receive it
It is unlikely that her solicitor will write to you.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Clare, can you clarify that if I receive a copy of the Petition, would my husband find out and also if I answer the question to Adultery would that cause more problems/implications for me work and financially.

I work for the Police and do not want my name dragged through courts etc especially if my employers are going to find out.

He will only find out if you tell him - or more likely this other man or his wife does
There is no question of your name being published anywhere - the family court does not do so