31090051

I am at my wits end. Someone borrowed items from me back in

Customer Question

I am at my wits end. Someone borrowed items from me back in October 2014. I got some of them back but she still has items valued at over £180 and items she has not paid me for worth just over £134. I also helped her start her business at the cost of £199.75 back in September. I have been trying since Dec 22nd to meet up with her and I have to send text to her to get any response, if indeed she decides to respond. Several times I have arranged to meet her to sort it but she just does not turn up. It cost me in time, upset, stress and fuel and still no further forward. She said she was away from home last weekend so could not sort it with me only to find a message on her Facebook page that she was horse riding with her 10 year old daughter and her friend. I have only ever tried to help her and being treated really badly. I sent a text today to say I will have to give it to legal as I am getting nowhere with her. Invoices sent in February remain unpaid. What di I do please. Scottish Law here. Thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You need to send a letter through a solicitor and if she still doesn't give you your property back you can raise an action for delivery in the sheriff court. That action would seek delivery of your proerty and if she refuses or delays to give it back to you, the court could award you damages representing the value of the items.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.