75100385

During the purchase of my house, I asked the seller to confirm

Customer Question

During the purchase of my house, I asked the seller to confirm all appliances were working including questions regarding the boiler and heating system.He is a qualified heating engineer and runs his own business from the house I was buying.
We could never get into check the boiler physically, because it is in the garage and he always had his car parked in there.
When we got the keys she inspected the boiler and it looked like it had been leaking water for some time, as there were strategically placed buckets under it.
When the heating tried to come on, there was loud noises coming from the boiler, so I telephoned the seller to quiz him.
The seller came round to the house and offered to fix the problem, however, he said that the boiler had been leaking 2 months before. I then asked him why he hadn't told me when we came around to check things before exchanging contracts, but he evaded the question.
2 weeks into our new house and we have no hot water or heat.
Where do we stand?
As a certified heating engineer, the seller must have knowingly held back information from us?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve please?

JACUSTOMER-dtkdhss8- : During the purchase of my house, I asked the seller to confirm all appliances were working including questions regarding the boiler and heating system.He is a qualified heating engineer and runs his own business from the house I was buying. We could never get into check the boiler physically, because it is in the garage and he always had his car parked in there. When we got the keys she inspected the boiler and it looked like it had been leaking water for some time, as there were strategically placed buckets under it. When the heating tried to come on, there was loud noises coming from the boiler, so I telephoned the seller to quiz him. The seller came round to the house and offered to fix the problem, however, he said that the boiler had been leaking 2 months before. I then asked him why he hadn't told me when we came around to check things before exchanging contracts, but he evaded the question. 2 weeks into our new house and we have no hot water or heat. Where do we stand? As a certified heating engineer, the seller must have knowingly held back information from us?
JACUSTOMER-dtkdhss8- : I paid the £38 but never got a reply to my question?
Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve please?