13262538

I need to set out a letter to someone telling them that I am

Customer Question

I need to set out a letter to someone telling them that I am taking them to court for negligence and can we take them to the County Court if so are forms provided
How much is the claim?
Are you asking how to send them a letter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thanks for responding, I need to know exactly what to put to inform the person that I am going to court, I am not sure how much at this stage but too much for a small claims court but I want to do it myself hence the question about forms for the County Court Thanks

Ok.
So how much is owed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The claim is for negligence pain and suffering will come into it

What is the negligence?
What was your loss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am stii waiting for an answer to my question
Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What else do you want to know

What is the negligence?
What was your loss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not wish to state any more than it is medical can you advise me how to set out the letter and if we need forms for County Court or put me onto to someone who can or I would like my money back

I will not be able to do that I'm afraid because I need to know the value of the claim to tell you how to proceed with it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not understand why you need to know the value of the claim to help me write the first letter informing the person I am sueing it has no relevance whatsoever and also if there are court papers if you cant answer these I guess we need a refund

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im sorry im not happy I do not think you put any amount in the first letterd you must know if there are forms for the County Courty or not we can say £80,000 if you like

I will opt out.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you

My colleague was seeking further information so that she could give you the best possible assistance -giving an idea of whether or not the basis of your claim is sound and helping you to maximise the chances of success

However to answer the specific question you asked you can find the pre-action protocol here

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/protocol/prot_rcd

and the template for the letter is set out at C1- as you can see it is in fact quite comprehensive

The form you will need is here http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, thanks so much for your answer it was very helpful. I have not rated the service because I really had fight to get an answer and was extremely disappointed in the replies that I was given. Regards Liz

You are most welcome - although sadly I only get credit for my time if you do rate!
I do remain happy to give you an idea of your chances of success if you wish to give some anonymised details