12826847

I am on the sex offenders register and I have a sopo in force

I am on the sex offenders register and I have a sopo in force the ppu are harrassing me stoping me doing all kinds of activities they got me banned from the English Bowls assosiation because there might me children playing on the same green. I owned a Relient robin and they stopped me going to their events because there might be children there today the came to see me and I told them I had joined a scuba diving club they are threatning to contact the club. Can you please tell me does the term being unsupervised in the company of a chilld refer to public places including swimming pools, if the place is full of adults and if they say I am breaching my sopo being in such a place would a barrister be able to argue that Its a public place and I have every right to be there going about my lawful business
What are the terms of your SOPO?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to have no contact unsupervised with a child under the age of 18 but surly any public place is not unsupervised

No, I cannot agree with that. It isn't really the way I would have phrased the order but that is what you are dealing with. A meeting in a public place is not supervised just because it has the potential for others to be present.
However, a meeting by default isn't really having 'contact'. A better term would have been not to befriend any person under the age of 18. I don't think joining a scuba club with adults and persons who may be under the age of 18 is likely to offend.
In terms of a swimming pool, a compromise might be to attend for adult sessions only.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I get the sopo reworded to your suggestion

You don't have a right to demand that obviously.
But you can go back to the issuing court and ask them to vary or remove it. Obviously it will depend on the nature of your offending and the terms of the order. These are rather unhelpful terms though.
SOPOs should not present an unreasonable encroachment upon a person's private life under the HRA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was convicted of downloading not a sexual assult and obviously the ppu are encroaching on my private life by stopping every activity I try to take part in if the ppu had their way I would be a prisoner in my own home and not go out would the crown court vary to your suggestion not to befriendi anyone under 18 i dont want it removed just to be fair

Well, they are entitled to some interference. That is what a SOPO imposes on everybody. It has to be proportionate and serve to protect the risk to the public.
But a term not to befriend would be more suitable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was only convicted of downloading I have done a sotp course and feel i am little risk are you based in the nw/yorkshire/manchester area the court concerned is Preston crown would you be willing to take the case

I am in London but I'm not allowed to take on cases under the rules of this site.
There are some public access barristers in London chambers who specialise in this though. Try here
http://www.churchcourtchambers.co.uk/index.php/members/lesley-manley
but probably legal aid won't cover this so you would have to pay privately.