12826847

section 56 of the town and country planning act is about when

Customer Question

section 56 of the town and country planning act is about when development begins.
I am after the lastest case law specifically operations that are excluded from this. We are being told by the council that we have commenced and have been given a deemed commencement date. We think that the works that we have done are to do with a previous demolition planning permission and not with the errection of the new building.
What works could be seen as being part of the demolition but not of the new build.
The works that we have done are the demolition and the levelling of the site but we have not put in any piles or foundations
thanks
Gina
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes i am fine for you to continue to look
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I assist you with this question?
  • From what I understand you have commenced or even completed demolision of one or more buildings on the site. Is that correct please?
  • Are there any conditions taht must be satisifed before works commence? If so have these conditions been satisfied?
  • I infer from what you say that you do not want the plannng permission to be deemed commenced? Is this because this triggers some s106 contributions or another reason?