12826847

the opal in my engagement ring was loose. I took it to H Samuels

Customer Question

the opal in my engagement ring was loose. I took it to H Samuels where it was repaired and I was given a 6 month guarantee. 2 weeks later I found in the evening when I went to take my ring off that the opal had come out and been lost somewhere between here and France. Samuels are saying that the claw had been caught on something and I will have to pay for a replacement opal. Is this correct? If so what is the guarantee for?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Please ask H Samuel what the guarantee covers and then come back to me with their response as I will then be in a better position to advise you on your legal rights. Please also give dates of when the ring was repaired by H Samuels and when and how your stone came off and when you notified H Samuel about the missing stone.