13262538

Upon receiving the divorce petition and the acknowledgement

Customer Question

Upon receiving the divorce petition and the acknowledgement of service in question 5 it asks if you intend on defending. I have no problem with the reason for divorce but in the prayer it mentions the financial order which has been completely ticked for all financial provisions. If i defend the applicant have asked for cost. Nothing has been resolved re the finances and the marriage was only for 18 months. Do i tick defend or not as i do not understand if i tick no to not defending am i agreeing to all those financial orders?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The Acknowledgement of Service is only concerned with the ending of the marriage - it has no relevance to the financial issues and the fact that you are not defending the petition does not mean you are agreeing to anything financially
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. So just to confirm, i am not agreeing to the financial parts that she has tick in the prayer? So will the judge not think that i am? What was the point of that all being ticked then?

That is correct.
The reason for ticking those boxes are that it make sit easier to apply for a Financial Consent order in the future