12826847

I was stopped recently as my car showed up as not being insured.

I was stopped recently as my car showed up as not being insured. In my company we run many vehicles which all run on an automatic renewal. The police have asked me to confirm which insurer covered this particular vehicle. I cannot find the paperwork for this vehicle, however I know it was insured until November 2014.
How do I find out who insured my car, Please?
Paul Hunt
Have you checked your account for details of the payout?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

I insure so many vehicles, that I cannot track down the specific payment for this last premium. Is there a way to find out who insured the vehicle? Please

I am assuming that the car was stopped after November 2014 because you say that it was insured until November 2014. Presumably, you have some kind of proof of that and therefore I don’t know why it isn’t the same insurer.

If the car is not showing up on the Motor Insurers Database is being insured, the courts will assume that it is not insured unless you have proof to the contrary in the form of a certificate or letter from a broker or from anywhere else. The database is not infallible and it is not unknown for the data on there to be out of date or incorrect. This could well be the situation that you are in.

Unfortunately, there is no way of finding out other than through the Motor Insurers Database who insures a car if it doesn’t show up on those records.

I’m sorry that this answer is unfavourable for you.