12826847

Following on from my earlier question, both me and my wife

Customer Question

Following on from my earlier question, both me and my wife feel harassed due to threatening and aggressive behaviour by a farmer who has visited us in the past and now keeps driving at the back of our house in a tractor peeping into our house from his land sometimes taking our pictures. She made 2 complaints to the police in the past as he was threatening to damage our house which was under construction at that time. They took statements from her and workmen on site who had witnessed his threats and confirmed the same to the police on 3rd and 4rth of november 2014 and before. Police asked her if she wanted to take them to court (prosecute the farmer), at that time she said no because of the hassle involved. She now feels this should have been the right action as we are continuing to be harassed in a more subtle manner on a daily basis. Can she visit the police and ask them to reopen this case/ask them to commence legal action against the farmer.
To be wholly honest, if this was back in November then they are not going to reopen it now. Apart from anything else it is probably a summary only matter and they will be time barred very soon so will be unable to do so. Also, they have probably formally taken no further action so it cannot be revived.
If he is misbehaving now though then she can always make fresh allegations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They gave the farmer some kind of warning or notice back in november . Thank you for excellent reply

Yes, and he is almost certainly in breach but you need to report those breaches rather than try to revive old ones.