UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

HiMy partner who is Russian has just had a visitor visa

Customer Question

Hi My partner who is Russian has just had a visitor visa rejected and could do with some advice on where to go from here. there reasons for visa refusal are that her job title don't match there criteria which she freelance translates as a self employed basis because she has a 2 year old son who she cares for full time. she proved she had finances to come here and myself being a director of my own company can and proved I can financially support her and her son vince. She resided in the uk for 3 years previously and worked and honoured her visa during this time without any issues. She has now had 3 rejections to enter the uk the first being with me and we feel we don't know which way to turn now. because of having child commitments and having my own company here going to Russia to pursue our relationship is not a option for us and im hoping you can help us out on the next step kind regards Rob

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Has your partner explained the reasons why the job title doesn't match the criteria?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically they feel that where she is a translator she will continue her job in the uk while on a visiting visa.
Even though I am able to financially support her and her son which I proved they came out with that response which I don't deem fair.
They also stated that even though she lived and worked here for 3 years with no underlining issues they concluded that if she came to the uk she won't return after the 3 months.
I'm more than willing to send over the visa refusal if necessary.
Rob
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I believe the issue here is the amount of time she has stated that she will be spending in the UK. As you can appreciate 3 months is a long time for someone who is working and needs money to survive. The fact that she will not be in her home country for 3 months will effect her business.
It is totally understandable that you are willing to maintain and accommodate her in the UK and bearing in mind her previous history she is not going to work in the UK but the home office needs to be informed in a letter or an affidavit from her and you confirming that she will not be working in the UK and the purpose of her visit.
As stated initially I would recommend reducing the amount of her time in the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.