12826847

i believe i was bullied into accepting a amount of money for

i believe i was bullied into accepting a amount of money for a medical negligence case in 2008 by the hospital /nhs litigation authority can i see a solicitor and reopen the case
Was this in full and final settlement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they said that i had to send them a letter to that effect or i would not rec the settlement.

That is a problem I'm afraid.
If this was a proper full and final settlement payment then it cannot be reopened with a solicitor or without. A full and final settlement offer brings finality to a case. That is the whole attraction of them.
It is not really any more complicated than that. If you accepted it and you know to what you were agreeing then you are bound by it I'm afraid.
In any event, you are time barred under the Limitation Act if this happened in 2008 I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats fine Jo it is now better that i have this answer and i can stop thinking IF ONLY

again thanks a lot

No problem and all the best.
You actually probably did the right thing by accepting it as you may have got nothing in court. It is always better to accept a certainty.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.