Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

there, I was wondering if I can make a claim against

Hello there, I was wondering if I can make a claim against a company that took money from me and many others and never provided the service that was paid for. The company in question has gone in to liquidation so is there no chance of ever getting my money back? Many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 years ago.

Always a tricky one, because if the company is insolvent there is technically no money there to satisfy any court judgment you might get.

But, if the company was trading whilst insolvent or the Directors had no intention of meeting any orders so they were trading fraudulently you can pursue them personally.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes

Michael