75100385

i own an small electrical company, i did some work shop

Customer Question

i own an small electrical company, i did some work for a shop fitting company last year June time and they didn't pay. so i got a dept recover solicitor involved and they have now since emailed me say they don't owe the amount I've stated.
Ive broken down my invoices to labour and materials, i'm a vat register company, i deducted 20% off the the labour for CIS payments but the company that owe are saying it should be 30%, why would it be 30%.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

oh i understand that and im already in the process, the question i asked which may not have come over clearly should the company my company worked for have 30% or 20% CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) deducted on my labour if any at all?

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

Labour - £20325.13 Already has 20% deducted

Materials - £19695 + 20%VAT = £23634

Total - £43959.13

Payments made to myself in Total - 38255.03

Outstanding Total:-

£43959.13 - £38255.03

= £ £5704.10

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

that end figure has 20% CIS deducted off of the total actual figure that would be shown on the invoice

Alex Watts :

Yes that be 20%, it should mot be 30%.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

ok thank you

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

are you sure its 20% company to company?

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

Correct.

Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

JACUSTOMER-0q10jkzj- :

thank you for your time

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/