13262538

My brother is unconscious in hospital. He had left his wife

My brother is unconscious in hospital. He had left his wife and found another girlfriend. His wife was named s next of kin and is assuming responsibilities and visiting him in hospital. When he wakes up I am sure he is not going to be happy as he told several people he would never go back to her. Does she have any rights or can his blood relatives do anything about this?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

As she is the spouse, she is assumed to be the next of kin automatically by the hospital. The blood relatives may ask her to stop acting as the next of kin and if she refuses to do so, they may go to court for an order stopping her from so acting.

May I help further?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that there is no assumption involved she IS in fact the next of kin and the person who is entitled to make decisions about his care
If anyone wishe sto change that they will need to apply to be appointed as your brother's Deputy - and appointment that his wife can oppose
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.