75100385

I recently booked flights with British airways which I then

Customer Question

hi I recently booked flights with British airways which I then had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances. I then phoned within the 24 hour cooling off period to cancel for a full refund. I was told by a member of staff that it was done and I would receive a confirmation email and my refund. This did not happen and when I phoned again to confirm I was told that it hadn't been done (not my fault) and I was no longer entitled to my refund as it was now past the 24 hour cooling off period. I told customer relations the time and date and telephone number I called from so they could trace the call and listen back to confirm what I was saying but I was told the system they use is not working (again not my fault). I then told them I could prove the call was made from an itemised bill as I phoned from work but I was told that I could have called for a different reason so basically was accused of lying. They could not tell me when the system would be working and in the meantime I have lost over £2000 because of their incompetence. Please help.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do BA offer you a 24 hours cooling off period? Did you get this in writing or email etc?

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you have the name of the person you spoke to agreeing to a refund?