Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I'm a cab owner and renting out 3 cars to drivers. Do I need

I'm a cab owner and renting out 3 cars to drivers.
Do I need a contract between me and the drivers?
If yes can you provide me the contract, today?
Cheers
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you.
Alice H : A written contract is always best so all parties know their rights and obligations especially if there is any disagreement. However we do not probide a drafting service as this is a Q&A site.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : That's all? I already knew that it's always better to have a contract as defines the duties of each part, I was indeed expecting a more professional and detailed answer. £38 it's not worth. Besides you can't even provide me with a sample of a contract. I'm really disappointed. The question is when you charge a client you must provide a proper service.
Alice H : I can understand your issue. The question was whether you need a contract and the answer is: yes. I'm not sure how else I can elaborate when I've given you a positive answer to your question. Plus drafting a contract will take a good couple of hours.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : What can I do get a refund?
Alice H : What else do you wish to know exactly?
Alice H : No lawyer will draft a contract for £38 I'm afraid.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : For instance if there are rules& regulations governing this type of business agreement. I couldn't find nothing at Private Hire at the gov website
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : I don't mind to pay more if you draft a contract
Alice H : I can certainly help you with this kind of agreement but as I said it will take a couple of hours to draft it properly. Are you happy to do this?
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : INow you are talking. How much it costs and can I get it tomorrow at 9am?
Alice H : I have sent you an offer of additional services. Please review. I can get it to you by 10 a.m, tomorrow - unfortunately I already have other commitments beforehand.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : To my email?
Alice H : Yes I can do that.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : Please do. I'll get back to you as soon as I get it and read it
Alice H : You should give me an outline of what you would like in the contract please.
Alice H : Plus you need to accept the offer of additional services before I can start working.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : The contract should mentioned the following:the week payments, state the car should be kept in excellent conditions, if the driver 2 consecutive payments I will recuperate the car,
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : I mean misses 2 consecutive payments.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : Okay send me the offer to my email address
Alice H : That's been done for you. I have also noted your requirments.
JACUSTOMER-v15pxs24- : I didn't got it yet. My email address is *****@******.***
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
This has been sent to thr email you registered with plus you will see a button on your screen saying 'Additional Services'.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I am working on this right now. Could I just clarify - are you also providing the drivers with driving work in addition to renting the cars?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I just provide the cars for a weekly fee. They are responsible to get driving work. I will provide the means of work (the cars).

The need to pay one week in advance and one week deposit when getting the cars.

When can I have the contract?

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
THIS IS THE DRAFT WHICH YOU SHOULD CHECK AND AMEND TO YOUR NEEDS. I AM HAPPY TO DISCUSS FURTHER TO MAKE SURE THIS COVERS YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Car Rental Agreement
1. THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE:
1.1 THE OWNER:
Full Names:
Address:
1.2 THE RENTER:
Full Names:
Address:
2. THE VEHICLE OF THE RENTAL IS:
2.1 Type of Vehicle:
2.2 Make and Color:
2.3 Model:
2.4 Year:
2.5 Registration Number:
2.6 Engine Number:
2.7 Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
2.8 Passenger Capacity:
2.9 Rated Weight Carrying Capacity:
2.10 Odometer Reading at beginning of Rental Period:
3. CONDITION OF VEHICLE:
3.1 The Owner states that to the best of his knowledge and belief that above-described vehicle is in sound and safe condition and free of any known defects or faults which would affect its safe operation under normal use.
4. QUALIFICATIONS:
4.1 The Renter states that he / she is physically and legally qualified to operate the above-described vehicle.
4.2 The Renter will arrange his/her own insurance to cover the period of Rental and provide a copy of the certificate of insurance to the Owner at the start of the Rental Period.
5. RENTAL PERIOD:
The Owner agrees to rent the above-described vehicle to the Renter for the following period:
5.1 Starting Date: _______________________________
Time: ____________________(a.m. / p.m.)
5.2 Ending Date: _______________________________
Time: ____________________(a.m. / p.m.)
6. RENTAL RATE:
6.1 The Renter hereby agrees to pay the owner at the rate of ____________ per day or portion thereof,
AND / OR at the rate of ______________ per kilometre for the use of the above-described vehicle.
6.2 All fuel used shall be paid for by the Renter.
7. EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS::
7.1 The rented vehicle shall be kept in good condition, clean and well maintained by the Renter throughout the Rental Period.
7.2 The rented vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers in excess of the capacity stipulated in 2.8 above.
7.3 The rented vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers, goods or materials in excess of the rated weight carrying capacity of the vehicle as stipulated in 2.7 and 2.8 above.
7.4 The rented vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers other than in the interior or cab of the vehicle.
7.5 The rented vehicle shall not be used to push, propel or tow another vehicle, trailer or any other thing without the written permission of the Owner.
7.6 The rented vehicle shall not be used for any race or in any competition.
7.7 The rented vehicle shall not be used for any illegal purpose.
7.8 The Renter shall not operate the vehicle in a negligent manner.
7.9 The rented vehicle shall not be operated by any other person other than the Renter stipulated in 1.2 above without the written permission of the Owner.
8. INSURANCE:
8.1 The Renter hereby agrees that he / she shall be held fully responsible for any and all loss of or damage to the vehicle or equipment during the term of this Car Rental Agreement whether caused by collision, fire, flood, vandalism, theft or any other cause, except that which shall be determined to be caused by a fault or defect of the vehicle or equipment.
9. DEPOSIT:
9.1 The Renter further agrees to make a deposit of ______________ with the Owner, said deposit to be used, in the event of loss of or damage to the vehicle or equipment during the term of this Car Rental Agreement, to cover fully or partially the cost of necessary repairs or replacement.
9.2 In the absence of damage or loss, said deposit shall be credited toward payment of the Rental Rate and any excess shall be returned to the Renter.
10. RETURN OF VEHICLE:
10.1 The Renter hereby agrees to return the above-described vehicle to the Owner at the physical address listed in 1.1. no later than ________________________________
11. JURISDICTION:
The law of England Wales applies to this agreement.
SIGNED
DATED
WITNESSED
DATED
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I liked. Can you just add the following:

this contract is for a period of three months and can be extend at satisfaction of both parties.

Also if the driver doesn't pay for two consecutive weeks the owner will recuperate the vehicle

The vehicle must be used for minicab purposes exclusevely

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good evening
Under RENTAL PERIOD you should insert the start date and end date - because just saying three months is ambiguous.
Under CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS you can insert 7.10 the rented vehicle shall be used exclusively for minicab purposes.
Can I assists any further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was very good

Best regards