75100385

I am owed £10,000 re a car I bought and returned as unfit for

Customer Question

I am owed £10,000 re a car I bought and returned as unfit for purpose. Debtor company 'sold' £1/4M - £1/2M worth of cars (including the one I had bought previously) to another company (New Co.). No payment changed hands - payment said to be a debt payable to a director of New Co. who was previously a director of the debtor company.
I think this is a pack of lies and that a director of the debtor company is a shadow director of New Co. I believe the two of them concocted this story to prevent bailiffs from enforcing the county court judgement I obtained.
Would an oral examination in the High Court be possible - what are the cost implications?
Alan
Alex Watts :

Hello Alan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Does the person / firm you have Judgment against have any assets such as property?

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

The debtor company claims to have stopped trading and although bailiffs took control of a few vehicles they say that their DVLA checks don't provide an accurate indication of ownership so they are not prepared to remove the vehicle. I do not think that the defendent company owned the site it traded from.

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

The site was said to have been 'transferred' in February to a company operated by a brother of the director of the debtor company but no proof provided.

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

Your system suggests I have had an aswer to my question but this is not yet the cae.

Alex Watts :

Does he own any land?

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

I do not think that the company owns the land it trades/traded from. The bailiffs were told that the site had been taken over by the a company (a car repair outfit - not a care sales one) co-incidentally owned by the brother of the director of the debtor company.

Alex Watts :

You can request an Order to obtain information. You can do this certainly.

Alex Watts :

There is a cost of £100 fee though for the application

Alex Watts :

But yes this can certainly be done

Alex Watts :

That is the cost implication - £100 for the fee

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

Thanks you for the prompt response. Can I just ask what is the process and likely cost please?

Alex Watts :

Sorry its £50 for the fee and £100 extra for bailiff to serve

Alex Watts :

Thats the only fee

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-9r4gzgae- :

Sorry I didn't wait for your full response - Do I just ask the County Court from whom I got my original decision for some sort of application form?

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last point not covered

Yes you fill in a form and submit it to the Court you have Judgment from.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the clarification

Happy to help.