29905560

My son runs a Pub/Restaurant and has employed a chef since

My son runs a Pub/Restaurant and has employed a chef since 17th November 2014 and today he walked out mid service yesterday he turned up today late for his shift and demanded his pay to date including holiday pay. The business only started on the 6th o September 2014 , so what in law is the rule on entitlement to holiday pay?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How many days per week does he work?

Customer:

5 days

Ben Jones :

someone working full time (5 days a week) is entitled to 28 days holiday per year. If they have not been there for a full year then they would have accrued their leave allowance on a pro rata basis depending on how long they have been there. Before I can give you his entitlement, can you confirm his employment terminated today?

Customer:

Yes he just turned in gave no notice and as I said asked for his P45, the previous week he took a day and a half unofficial leave

Ben Jones :

ok he would be entitled to 9.8 days' holiday for the time he worked there

Customer:

Thank you for that Good night

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best