12826847

If I have been conviced of commercial burglary committed age17

If I have been conviced of commercial burglary committed age17 now 18 no previous convictions what is the likely sentence
Was this after a trial or did you plead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pleaded guilty but if I didn't what would do you think have happened and they had my fingerprints inside the premises
What was the loss to them?
How did you get in?
How much damage was caused?
What was the nature of the business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure of loss as I left broken lock and door and was small welding business know a lap top and mig welder taken
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure of loss as I left broken lock and door and was small welding business know a lap top and mig welder taken and only damage to door
Were you 17 at the time that you pleaded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I was 18 but 17at time of the offence it came to light 2months after my 18th birthday
Ok.
You will be sentenced as an adult then although the fact of your youth will be taken into account.
Commercial burglaries are not treated as seriously as dwelling burglaries. The loss wasn't huge although you could argue that the removal of a laptop is aggravating because the information upon it is worth more than the device itself.
However, it is obviously too serious for a fine or a discharge but not serious enough for custody on a first offence. Probation will prepare a report upon you and consider your issues. If you have drugs and alcohol issues requiring intervention they will suggest an order addressing that. If not then they will probably recommend unpaid work or a curfew.
If the Judge is intent upon imposing custody then he will suspend it.
There will also be a costs order and the victim surcharge.