Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have my house held in trust son and daughter. Can

I have my house held in trust for my son and daughter. Can i sell my house and how will this be able to be done. My son has his own house my husband died last year and me and my daughter who lives with me want to sell the house and move she wants to take on a mortgage for whatever the difference may be. if this cannot be done can we cancel the trust
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask what kind of trust was set up please - was it a life interest trust (sometime called a family protection trust) or a discretionary trust please?

Joshua :

Are your son an daughter the only named beneficiaries of the trust or are other beneficiairies or "classes of beneficiaries" (e.g. rather than named individuals, expressions like "my children and grandchildren) provided for?

Joshua :

Do you ave a right to live in the property for your life under the terms of the trust?

Customer:

The trust is a Flexible Family Trust

Customer:

Yes my son and daughter are the only beneficiairies they have signed paperwork Deeds etc

Customer:

Yes i can live in the property till i die