Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I need some clarification re IHT. My wife passed away in June

Customer Question

I need some clarification re IHT. My wife passed away in June 2003 with an estate worth approx £100,000. I was the sole benefactor from her will. What value would my estate have to be worth before I am liable for IHT?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

From what you say, do I understand correctly that your wife provided for no other gifts to third parties whatsoever in her will so that you inherited your wifes entire estate absolutely and in particular that there were no trusts specified in her will to which your gifts were made subject please?