12826847

I was driving my car home approx' 11.30pm on the Motorway,

Customer Question

I was driving my car home approx' 11.30pm on the Motorway, heading North. The Motorway was closed for repairs and traffic was diverted up the slip road. There was no lighting and of course it was very dark. The date was 18th December 2014.
The recommended speed limit was 50mph. I was travelling approx' 43mph to 45mph.
As I approached the slip road, 3oo metres before the actual slip lane There was a cone in the middle of the only open lane to travel in where I could not avoid hitting the cone.
This resulted in £920.00 worth of damage to my vehicle. I have tried to make a claim against the various companies involved but they deny any liability and say it's not their responsibility. One even said its just tough luck we are not at fault.
Do I have a legitimate claim against the company who contracts the work, ie the Highway Agency or is it the actual company who do the work. I have even been in touch with Durham County Insurance claims dept', but they also deny its their problem.
I would be extremely grateful if you could advise me on this matter.
Yours
Roland Hemsley
*****@******.***
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to know if I can make a claim against any of the companies linked with this incident.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel any request I sent you. I do not wish to subscribe to any monthly fees etc.

Thank You.

Ok
So you don't need an answer now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo. C.

Thank you for your reply but I do not wish to pursue this matter any further. Please keep the £38.00 fee charged to my account and please cancel any future subscriptions. This was an error on my behalf, sorry not your fault.

Yours

R. Hemsley

No problem
You need to email customer services about this on***@******.*** and they will sort it out for you.