75100385

I wish to ask questions about a telecommunications mast that

Customer Question

I wish to ask questions about a telecommunications mast that has ruined life, my health and my business. Do you have a professional specialising in that field?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

I deal with Personal Injury.

Alex Watts :

How is it I can help you please?

Customer :

Where to start? In our long battle over this huge industrial installation, we did not go for compensation but opted to try and get it moved. It turned out we were dealing with some very crooked councillors.

Our listed home is now described by agents as “unsaleable”. I am in my seventies and have a hearing problem that is aggravated by the constant hum of the mast and I have had to move away from it. My wife refuses to give in, in spite of a long programme of cancer treatment. I am also very afraid of the mast because no-one will tell me exactly what it is for.

I have to live in one room seven miles away from my wife, who I love and admire. I also miss the wonderful sea views we used to share. I do not like living alone at my time of life and I feel we are entitled for some compensation for the suffering we have had and, indeed, still suffer.

Alex Watts :

You want to sue for loss and damage?

Customer :

I think I want to find out what my options are and what is likely to succeed. I will need to do the work myself because I cannot now afford another lawyer.

Alex Watts :

Do you have medical evidence that it is linked to the mast?

Customer :

Not yet.

Alex Watts :

You need to.

Alex Watts :

You need to establish a causal link between what has gone on and a medical condition.

Alex Watts :

If you can not, there is no claim

Alex Watts :

If you can and the medical expert says it was caused by the mast then you have a claim.

Alex Watts :

So you need an independent medical expert who will write a report saying your condition is down to and attribtuable to the mast,

Alex Watts :

If you can not do this then sadly you have no claim

Alex Watts :

Customer :

So the fact that I cannot bear to live in the home I worked hard for and now cannot sell has no value at all?

Customer :

What you are using here is so unstable. It keeps disapearing. No good at all. I will go to cut and paste

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is this better for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Further, the property, a listed building in AONB, was purchased and run very successfully as a holiday B&B business. This huge complex built just 20 metres from the property in centre of the view, ruined everything.

This industrial complex with a mast over 100ft high has robbed us of everything. It is hard to believe there is no recompense.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Alex Watts : You need to establish a causal link between what has gone on and a medical condition.
Alex Watts : If you can not, there is no claim
Alex Watts : If you can and the medical expert says it was caused by the mast then you have a claim.
Alex Watts : So you need an independent medical expert who will write a report saying your condition is down to and attribtuable to the mast,
Alex Watts : If you can not do this then sadly you have no claim
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that covers the hearing issue.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. What else is it you would like to know?