75100385

my wife has been falsely accused by three nine year old

Customer Question

Hi my wife has been falsely accused by three nine year old girls of grabbing one of them by the throat, I was there and witnessed the incident. What happened was we where walking our young boys home from school and these girls started shouting swear words at us. My wife turned round and said to them there is no need for that language and stop it as we have our boys with us. Then we carried on home. The girls parents contacted the police and they came around to hear our side of the story. This was four weeks ago we heard nothing back until last night when the police came to our house and conducted a written interview with my wife and they showed her some red marks on the girls neck taken on a mobile phone by her mother. I assumed they must of done this themselves as my wife didn't touch her. I have got to have a interview with the police next week to give my version of events, then the police will submit it to the sergeant for a decision. Where does this leave us? My wife is in bits. Do we need to get a solicitor or is this just needed if it goes to court? Thanks
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I assume there were witnesses including yourself and children ?
JACUSTOMER-gbso6o2s- : it was about 15 mins after school time as we had parents evening, so no other parents witnessed it. It was on a busy main road
JACUSTOMER-gbso6o2s- : The only witnesses for the incident are the three girls, myself, my wife and our three boys
Alex Watts :

Sorry for the late reply another expert was looking at the question

Alex Watts :

I would get a Solicitor. However I do not think you have anything to worry about.

Alex Watts :

You know you didn't do anything, your wife did and your children can confirm this as well

Alex Watts :

The Police will see that this is malicious.

Alex Watts :

But you should also take a Solicitor just to make sure the interview is carried out correctly.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/