Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

my son let a shop property to a polish woman under the terms

Customer Question

my son let a shop property to a polish woman under the terms of the lease no sub litting is permitted however this woman without my sons knowledge has sublet taken £20000 AND GIVEN A FIVE YEAR LEASE AND MOVED BACK TO POLANDsurely this is illegal and obtain ing money by fale prtences
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if she is still paying rent to your son please?

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

she collects rent from thetenant

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

you have not answered my query

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

under the terms of her lease she collects £1400 pw under my sons lease she pays £300 infrequently

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

is the answer what you required?

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

i dont appear to have got an answer

JACUSTOMER-d4f9n2e4- :

no

Joshua :

My sincere apologies for the delay in reverting to you. I was out of the office yesterday afternoon and this morning. May I continue to assist you with this? I am around for the rest of the day.

Joshua :

Based on what you say above do I understand that she is behind with her rent to your son? If so is she more than 28 days in arrears at present to your knowledge?

Joshua :

Finally from what you say do I understand correctly that your son has let the shop to her using a formal business lease which both parties have signed?