29905560

I am 74 years old. I worked in a managerial position

Customer Question

I am 74 years old. I worked in a managerial position for approx eight years, in a company for 20 years up until the year 2000. At which point, whilst trying to put out a fire in the main incoming electrical power room, I had a heart attack and died at the scene. I was resuscitated by a fireman and was taken to hospital ,where, having a triple bypass I recovered. My work contract covered my wages until I had to retire through ill health. Should I have been entitled to any form of compensation? At the time of the fire I was running about trying to get co2 fire extinguishers to fight the fire which caused my heart attack. I never received any thanks from the company and all the time i was in hospital no company bosses visited me. what do you think.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

When did you retire? Was the company at fault for anything, such as the fire?