29905560

I have a complaint about loose

Customer Question

I have a complaint about loose covers for a suite, do I need to pay for Ombudsman or Arbiter services please?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You cannot take the matter to the Ombudsman because this is not something they would deal with. There are different types of Ombudsman but none deal with just a consumer issue like this one. Also you cannot use any arbiter/mediation services unless the company agrees to it and if they do agree to it then you will have to pay for such a service as it is a private matter that you wish to pursue - it is not offered by the Government.

Ben Jones :

You can contact Trading Standards and they are a free resource which you can use but they decide whether this is something they can take further or help with.

Ben Jones :

Apart from that you are looking at going to the small claims court and that will also cost you money

Customer:

have been told by Trading Standards and C.A.B. to write to them again and ask to go to Ombudsman. wanted to know what it costs.

Ben Jones :

Which Ombudsman?

Ben Jones :

you could try the Furniture Ombudsman - this is a free service but it depends on whether they would cover your situation and also whether the company is a member of the Furniture Ombudsman service

Ben Jones :

http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org/how-to-complain

Customer:

O.K thankyou.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome

Customer:

how can I rate you when it says you not finished? also how do I stop being charged again,( monthly ) as this is the only querry I had?

Ben Jones :

I will send a query to customer services to advise them that you do not want a subscription plan. You can leave your rating by selecting the happy faces, or if they do not work - by typing your choice instead on here, thanks

Customer:

thanks Ben. Exellent.

Ben Jones :

many thanks, ***** ***** best