12826847

My neighbour who owns the corner house is responsible

Customer Question

My neighbour who owns the corner house is responsible for half of the front garden fence. Their half (nearer to the foot path) is broken and is now encroaching on my property (the soil has been pushed against the fence so I am unable to move the soil). Also on their side of the fence in their garden there is a row of fir trees that are now about 40 feet high. Not only are they very close to my property they shed all the pines over my garden and are impossible to clear away. I have decorative pots on stones. I have approached them on several occasions and they that they will attend to the fence and trees but they do nothing. I am a 75 year old pensioner and have been told that I would not be able to sell my property with this problem. Please can you advise me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I have not had an answer to my question but have paid the requested£18.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

I am sorry none of my colleagues have picked this up earlier. May I assist you with this?

Do you know if there are any covenants in your title deeds dealing with responsibility for fences?