Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

,I have booked a flight with Wizz Air Ukraine to Barcelona

I have booked a flight with Wizz Air Ukraine to Barcelona on 9th May 2015
I had flights booked with Wizz Air Ukraine I have got a email from Wizz Air Hungry informing me that Wizz Air Ukraine operations will cease on April 15.2015.
When i booked the tickets I also booked return flights with Ryan Air from Barcelona to Palma malorca and also 2 hotels in Barcelona all at a cost of 342.32 euros.
Will i have a claim against Wizz Air Hungry?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : What do you wish to claim for exactly?
JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

hi alice i wish to claim for the loss of travel with Ryan air,also the lost of 2 pre paid hotels .

JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

And the diffrence in air tickets from kiev to Palma.

JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

what do you think?

Alice H : OK sounds like fair and reasonable. Have you not been refunded any of your lost journeys?
Alice H : EU regulations entitle you to compensation for your losses. If you are denied boarding or your flight is cancelled or overbooked, you are entitled to either:transport to your final destination using comparable alternative means, orhaving your ticket refunded and, where relevant, being returned free of charge to your initial departure point.Long delays - if your flight is delayed by 5 hours or more, you are also entitled to a refund (But if you accept a refund, the airline does not have to provide any further onward travel or assistance).Your airline must inform you about your rights and the reason for being denied boarding, or any cancellations or long delays (over 2 hours, although this may be up to 4 hours for flights in excess of 3500 Km).Food and boardYou may also be entitled to refreshments, meals, communications (such as a free phone call), and, if necessary, overnight stay, depending on the flight distance and length of delay.Financial compensationIn addition, if you are denied boarding, your flight is cancelled or arrives more than 3 hours late on arrival at the final destination stated on your ticket, you may be entitled to compensation of €250 - 600, depending on the distance of the flight:Within the EU1,500 km or less - €250over 1,500 km - €400Between EU airport and non-EU airport1,500 km or less - €2501,500 - 3,500 km - €400over 3,500 km - €600If the carrier offered you an alternative flight with a similar schedule, the compensation may be reduced by 50%.With cancelled flights, you won't receive compensation if:the cancellation was due to extraordinary circumstances for example due to bad weather, oryou were informed 2 weeks before the scheduled flight date, oryou were offered an alternative for the same route with a similar schedule to the original one.For cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances you may not have the right to compensation, the carrier must still offer you either:a ticket refund (in full or just the part you have not used)alternative transport to your final destination at the earliest opportunity orrebooking at a later date of your choice (subject to seat availability).Even in extraordinary circumstances, airlines must provide assistance when necessary, while you are waiting for alternative transport.How to get a refund or compensationSubmit an air passenger rights EU complaint form [119 KB] Deutsch español français italiano polski to your airline - and make sure you keep a copy for yourself.If this doesn't work, or you aren't satisfied with the reply, you can complain to the national enforcement body [222 KB] in the EU country where the incident took place.Or, if the incident happened at an airport of departure outside the EU but involved an EU airline, you can send a complaint to the relevant national enforcement body [222 KB] in the EU country you were travelling to.
Alice H : Form:
Alice H : Enforcment body:
JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

Hi Alice,

JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

here is the email I got .

JACUSTOMER-klnaree7- :

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that Wizz Air Ukraine will cease its operations on April 19, 2015. As a consequence, your flight(s) (confirmation code: X8VEVZ) with Wizz Air Ukraine are cancelled.

We have started processing refunds to the credit/debit cards (where possible). Expectedly all payments will be done and credited to passengers' accounts in 3-7 days.

Those customers whose credit/debit card has been expired, or paid the reservation via bank transfer, are requested to visit and submit the reservation code and bank account details by clicking on "Flight Cancellation/Schedule change for Commercial reasons" from the drop down menu titled "Subject". We are doing our best to minimize your waiting time and refund your money on the indicated bank account with 7 days from receiving your message.

If you have purchased your ticket(s) through a third party ticketing company or travel agency in your country, please, contact the company you have purchased your tickets from. We will refund the payment to the company that booked the flight on your behalf.

Important! Every refund will be settled in full and in the same currency as in which the booking and the payment was made originally. A foreign currency translation applies if the customer's bank account currency differs from the booking currency, in which case the amount received by you (in your bank account currency) might differ from what you paid at the booking. Please do not contact us regarding these differences as exchange rate changes are outside of Wizz Air's control.

We advise all affected customers to check their mailboxes frequently as all updates will be sent in email regarding refunds. Call us only in case it is necessary, as our Call Centre lines are highly overloaded and the waiting time is significantly longer! Our dedicated Call Centre numbers are:

+380 44(###) ###-####br/>Languages spoken: Ukrainian and Russian

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
Have you applied for a refund of your costs and if so what was the response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not yet I was going to write and ask for a refund in full of the fight diffrence and the flights with ryan air and the hotels are they legally obliged to refund monies paid?

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK understood. Let me look at the regulations and then I will draft a step by step guide for you to go about making the claim. Are you okay for me to do this within 24 hours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok sorry alice im very busy I run a driving school so akways working