12826847

My son is currently living in Brazil with his Brazilian wife

Customer Question

My son is currently living in Brazil with his Brazilian wife but they want to come and live together in the UK (she hopes to commence a masters degree in UK in October). My question is in 2 parts.
My son knows that to have his wife live with him here, he needs to have £64,000 in savings if he is not yet in a position to earn £18,600 pa. If I was to offer this amount as a 'deed of gift' to him, how long would this amount officially have to be held in his name and would it be easy/legal for him (assuming he agrees) to give the amount back to me after the duration of that time?
Also, before they were married, they lived in Berlin together for nearly a year between 2013 and 2014. He was working (casually I think) and she was studying for one academic year as part of her degree). Under the 'Surinder Singh Route' what documentation would they need to prove they had “transferred the nexus of their lives” to Berlin during that time. If they had these documents would they now be allowed to live in the UK together?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola, sorry about my delay in responding. I only have access to this email address Wednesday to Friday. I have edited the amount paid to £23 and hope that is sufficient to obtain an answer. I don't mind waiting but I would be very very glad of an answer. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rachel

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

It is now 3 weeks since I last heard from you in regard to my question. I would really appreciate an answer as soon as possible as my son wants to travel home with his wife this summer. The situation is quite urgent now.

Rachel XXXX

Hello Rachel,
I understand. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Having still not heard from you, I assume you are unable to find a professional who can answer my question.

I notice that £23 has been taken from my account. If you think you will be unable to answer my question shortly, please can you reimburse the amount into my account.

Rachel