31090051

I have been left money in a will but rather than it be paid

Customer Question

I have been left money in a will but rather than it be paid to me can it b paid to someone to hold in trust for me if I want
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you request the executor or administrator of the estate to pay your legacy to someone else there is never usually a difficulty with this. Provided of course that you are not trying to conceal the legacy from any statutory authority.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just feel that I am not in the right frame of mind to benefit from my dad dying so don't really want the money I would rather it be given to my nan until I feel I can deal with it only thing is I am on part housing benefit so does that create a problem

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I understand that. You do, however, have to declare a change of circumstances in connection with Housing Benefit so you could have a problem with that, I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can I refuse to have the inheritance

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can decline it and it will go to the other beneficiaries.