13262538

if someone made a will and cant remember the solicitor it was

Customer Question

if someone made a will and cant remember the solicitor it was with is there a way to find out
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid not as there is no central registry of Wills. The person could contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority to try and assist them by putting out a query to all solicitors whether they have the Will in their custody, but whether or not the SRA agrees to do this is another matter.
Hope this helps
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
This is not uncommon and there are a number of practical options available.
There is a voluntary register of Wills and you can contact them here
http://www.certainty.co.uk/
Then there is the old traditional way - you contact all the solicitor sin the area.
It is also worth checking to see what Will writing services have been operating in the area and contacting them
You should also go through all the paperwork in the house to see if there is a letter/invoice referring to a Will
Finally contacting the Local Law Society could allow for an Advert to be placed on their website /in their newsletter in the hope that it was a solicitor who prepared the Will!
Please ask if you need further details