Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

, i am in work permit in london, can i buy a property?

hi, i am in work permit in london, can i buy a property?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Anyone can buy property in London/England irrespective of their immigration status. You will only need to prove to your solicitor (who will act for you in your purchase) 1) your identity normally a passport will do and 2) where your funds for the purchase are coming from.
Can I assist you any further?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, i have 25,000 pounds deposit, if i will get mortgage from bank? i have 3 years work permit.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
If you are going to get a mortgage from a bank then that is fine as proof of funds.
Each bank has its own lending requirements so it really depends which bank you will go to as to what info they require from you.
Have you got an offer for a mortgage? It may help you to possibly look for a bank in your home country that has a UK branch to give you the mortgage as it will be easier for them to verify your means and circumstances if it is your intention to return to your home county when your work permit expires.
AJ