13262538

, My partner is self representing in a child contact

My partner is self representing in a child contact order arrangements fact finding hearing. He is the applicant and wants a contact order to see his son, however his ex partner has made allegations against me and basically wants my partner to see his son without me present. So the court ordered a fact finding hearing with me as a witness.
My questions are - as my partner is self representing I understand he will get to cross examine his ex himself? If so, can we type up a list a questions for him to ask her? Or does he have to ask from memory? Her statement is full of lies and contradictions so he is worried about not remembering specific paragraphs etc.
Also as I am to be called as a witness- can I take notes with me? Or just a copy of the trial bundle? Can I make notes on the ex's statement for reference for example?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Not only can he make such a list - it is sensible to do so.
He should have a list of questions, with space below or beside them so that he can note the answer down.
You are not going to be questioned about his ex's statement - you are going to be cross examined on the basis of your statement
You can certainly take a copy of your statement with you - and the trial bundle will be made available whilst you are on the stand.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Is it right that my partner will be able to cross examine me as well? In which case can I take notes for my answers and can he also make a list of questions?
I wanted to talk about his ex's statement and the Scott schedule she prepared as it mentions me in more points than it does my partner!
It is very trivial things she has accused me of, such as Facebook posts about her when the screenshots she has provided do not even mention her name! I've never once wrote her name on any social media. So I am hoping the Judge won't see me as a danger to my stepson anyway.
Have you made a Statement?
Whilst you did not use her name is ***** ***** his ex you are talking about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've made a statement and attached numerous pieces of evidence.
She has taken generic "memes" and "ecards" that are not about her in the slightest. Nothing to link her to them at all. She has one screenshot of a status I posted on my private Facebook, not sure how she got it. This was about something nasty she said about me but I did not write anything malicious about her, just put that I was upset at a comment from a "certain someone". However my friends did write some not so nice things!
The Statement is your evidence in Chief.
Your partner can ask you further questions to clarify issues not fully covered in your statement - so this could be any new allegations raised in her Statement but ONLY Those not already dealt with in your statement