Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Can I take out a county court action on a company that installed

Customer Question

Can I take out a county court action on a company that installed a security system back in 2011, that haven't worked properly since being installed . Have already sent registered letter and informed Trading Standards but have not heard anything from them. Thi company has already been on TV . I paid £2900 for the system which included 5years inspection
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : You have 6 years to sue for breach of contract under the Limitations Act 1980.
Alice H : So if the company has not kept their side of the agreement you can sue for breach of contract and also rely on thr Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I would be happy to review the circumstances and hive more detailed information if needed.
Ali