75100385

My company Manufactures Horseboxes on New and used vehicles

Customer Question

My company Manufactures Horseboxes on New and used vehicles and we sold a horsebox on a 2004 chassis and sold it with 12 Months MOT which was done prior to collection as we do with all our sales. The customer has had this horsebox for 12 months now and they have just had an MOT carried out and it failed on a couple areas of welding required on the chassis and now have asked for full refund on purchase price saying that it is not fit for purpose. The horsebox has been kept on spare ground next to there house which the damp has been coming up from ground for 12 months which will cause rust and we have collected there horsebox to investigate there claim as we wanted to protect our reputation so i have had the areas of welding done for the customer at my expense and now has new MOT, now customer has said to me that they don't want there horsebox back and want a refund. Please could you give me advise.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you offer any form of warranty please

JACUSTOMER-dxowafrb- : We give 12 months warranty on the body that we have fit to the original vehicle and offer a mechanical warranty on the mechanical parts of the vehicle which is through Earran
JACUSTOMER-dxowafrb- : Warrantywise which the customer didnt take out but this would not have covered wear and tare of rust.
Alex Watts :

So its been over 12 months, is that right?

JACUSTOMER-dxowafrb- : Yes it is just over 12 months.
Alex Watts :

If it is outside 12 months then you do not need to worry.

Alex Watts :

This is because your warranty is only 12 months.

Alex Watts :

After 12 months then you are not liable.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you can refuse.

Alex Watts :

All the customer can do is try and issue a small claim, you can defend this.

Alex Watts :