Greetings Clare. Thanks for the response.
1) Property value approx. £300k.
2) My son is responsible for a small mortgage of £67k, although I am named on that mortgage.
3) My son and his wife have other joint debts which it looks like would leave them in negative equity or nearly.
4) As my son and I are tenants in common I believe my percentage could not be included in any settlement between them.
5) The property which is still occupied by my son, in the main, is happy to become the main carer for the children.
6) His wife has now had delivered a court summons to appear at court on this coming Tuesday 31st March. She is requesting temporary occupancy of the property on the bases of the disabled daughter in law, plus abuse by my son, which is not correct in any way. She vacated the premises on her own free will and my son has offered her accommodation within the home in a separate lockable room which she has declined. This being until she was re settled.
7) She has been living at her parents for approx. 6 weeks with their support. The children have been ferried between the two homes.
8) She has applied for housing via the council.
9) The better parent by far and over all is my son.
10) The wife is guilty of lies, drug use and drinking.
11) The three children's ages range between 2yrs and 7yrs.
12) The worries are as follows: a) that temporary occupation will leave my son homeless and become permanent. b) that I will never be able to retrieve my equity in the property which represents my pension and of which I have not received any payments for over the last 3 years, (I am now approaching 69 yrs of age), plus having supported them to the extent of £7.5k. c) That an order can be put in place on Tuesday without due investigation.
Hope that's enough information. Thanks for any help.
Yours Sincerely, ***** *****.