Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Bail; My wife was arrested last August and released on police

Customer Question

Bail;
My wife was arrested last August and released on police bail pending CPS descision as to prosecute. The bail term was to Feb 15. On presenting her self at the station the bail was extended a month to March, when she was informed she would either be charged or released.
A few days before reporting in time, the investigating officer called her and told her not to bother coming in, she will contact her again on the day.
She did not call, no letter in the post re extention......
Q Can my wife consider the bail to be forfeit as she was not given another extention and the police did not require her to attend the station?
Stan
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 2 years ago.

Dear Stan

Yes, it may be as well to check at the police station concerned to see if any communication has gone astray, but subject to that she was told she would be informed whether she needed to do more and she has heard nothing.

Just in case make sure you make a note of the conversation with the investigating officer , when it took place, what was said and keep it

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael

This will put her at ease, we will check with police station in the morning.

regards

stan

Dear Stan

My pleasure

Best regards

Michael