12826847

can you please tell me how long after a spent conviction

Hello can you please tell me how long after a spent conviction can that conviction be brought up in a new court case. A judge said in court the other day that my bother open a gun shop to cover his illegal activities this is complete rubbish and only the judge made this assumption not the prosecution. I no what my brother did was wrong but he admitted his guilt strait away and this was still not taken into account. The cps asked for five to six years the judge who was in a foul mood that day gave him eight years. regards Dave.
There is no time limit.
Generally speaking offences that are more than 10 years old will be disregarded by a sentencing court but that is just a principle of law.
The fact that a conviction is old does not mean it cannot be considered by a court if it is deemed relevant to the index offence. Obviously though the older the offence the less likely it is to be relevant.