31090051

My Question: Our next door neighbour has started a childminding

My Question: Our next door neighbour has started a childminding business with 1 registered childminder and 2 assistants.
This has resulted in a marked deterioration in our quality of life.
The deeds of our houses state that the properties can only be used for residential purposes and not business.
Are we within our rights to ask them to stop, and if necessary, take legal action of some sort.
Secondly, if they are acting unlawfully, will this invalidate any public liability insurance cover for the children.
Thank you in advance,
***** *****
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I can't answer your question as regards ***** ***** without seeing the policy. However, the title deeds make a prohibition on running a business therefore you can apply to the court to stop them doing so. In the first instance a cease and desist letter should be sent to them by your lawyer. After that you can take further action if they don't stop.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.