Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My father has recently died intestate, However my sister resides

My father has recently died intestate, However my sister resides in Germany and is the appointee. Does the appointee inherit all bank savings & shares , as his 2nd daughter am I excluded.
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi, can you please clarify, did your father live and die in England? Is his estate in England?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes a British National ex-army WW2. Pensioner.

Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi Frances
Thanks for confirming that. Just because your sister was an appointee that does not mean that you are excluded and she inherits everything.
As your father died intestate, and I presume from your message your mother/his wife has not survived him, then his estate will be shared equally between his children.
If any of your siblings/his children have pre-deceased your father and they had children, they would share your siblings share of the estate.
If you are in the UK and your sister is in Germany, it may well be better for you to deal with the estate. You need to obtain a grant of representation to be the administrator of the estate.
There is a lot of guidance online as to how to apply.
I hope this answers your questions. Is there anything else I can help you with?