Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Good afternoon...

Customer Question

Good afternoon - can you please tell me the rights around cancelling a wedding venue. My son and his girlfirend booked a wedding venue last year with De-Vere hotels, they paid a £1000 deposit & had a verbal agreement that the hotel would provide guninees on draft. They are due to get married the end of August 2015. My son's girlfriend (Laura) tried to contact the hotel on serveral occasions after Christmas as they had not heard anything from them she was unsucessful as her e-mails kept bouncing back, she eventually managed to get hold of their wedding planner who informed her that the hotel had being taken over by Que Hotels and that it was now a 4 star and not a 5 star & that they should have being contacted before Christmas. The hotel are claiming that they are wanting 50% of the total bill if they cancel. If they had being informed before Christmas they would have cancelled as they booked the de-vere as they are exclusive and not a chain of hotels like Que, the hotel have now also said they cannot provied guiness on draft.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : Hell my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with this.
JACUSTOMER-48rpz4rt- :

Hi I am unable to view your response on-line can you pleaes e-mail it to me

JACUSTOMER-48rpz4rt- :

thanks *****

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hi - looks like a glitch. Can you see this response?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alice - I am still unable to review your response

regards

Janice Reed

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hello - do you still need help with this?
Has there been any change in the situation?